We are very exited to announce that free online pokerNoPay resident pro D M Vadnais who is the master of the pen as well as the cards is putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) again to produce a new and exclusive poker lesson series for NoPayPOKER members.
Given the addition of the many relationships established between us here at free online poker NoPayPOKER and ‘real money’ online poker sites such as PartyPoker, Feltstars and Titan we have asked our Resident Professional, D. Michael Vadnais, to develop a series of Articles on ‘How To’ successfully play in the ‘Real Money’ games.
Many players start out on NoPay in order to learn how to play poker in safety, at no risk of loss. After gaining confidence and skill the next step is to play real cash poker on one of the many online poker money sites. There are however some differences between online free poker and the cash game and this series is intended to guide free players though the change so that they can make the transition to cash poker as smoothly and profitably as possible.
The new series of Articles will be posted exclusively at NoPayPoker. There will be a total of seven (7) Articles, and a new Article will be available to NoPay members each month. All of the Articles will be ‘tutorials’; designed to make you a ‘Real Money’ winner at online poker money sites.
The first Article will be posted in April of 2011, and the last Article will be posted in October of 2011. So, look for the individual Articles at the beginning of April, May, June, July, August, September, and October. And, if you’ve put NoPayPoker winnings into one or more of the Internet Gaming Sites, read — learn — and win big !!!!
The following list, and a brief content summary, identifies each of the 7 Articles:
Article 1: HOPE FOR THE VERY BEST; EXPECT THE WORST
- The ‘rule of 80′; it’s a world of age-grouped players
- Constant change; new players come and go
- Quality of play; stakes and levels often equate
- Farm animals; the pasture dwellers are everywhere
- Patience; 50% of your poker talent resides here
- Collusion; your eyes won’t lie, and players do cheat
- RNG’s; not all random number generators are equal
- Bots; they exist, they win, and they can be identified
- Your bankroll; the ‘rule of 5′, never more than 5 percent
- Your emotions; no highs, no lows, nothing but a constant
- Your cash; know your risk tolerance, it’s not fake money
- Your mind set; positive for playing, negative for gardening
- Ace/paint; formidable, playable, and usually profitable
- Paint/paint; not early, sometimes middle, and often late
- Pocket pairs; set-mining, JJ problems, and the big three
- Suited ace; seeking the nut flush or the competitive straight
- Know the competition; stay focused, and compile notes
- Between 2 & 17 outs; identify your outs, identify the board’s outs
- Pot odds/implied odds; fast-tracking arithmetic calculations
- Defense wins money; the current ‘nuts’ is worth defending
- Suited connectors; a family pot generates your interest
- Soft 3x and hard 3x; don’t permit a read on your style
- Late position aggression; limpers can fill your wallet
- Slow-playing big hands; getting fed by the farm animals
- Finish the puzzle; the pieces are present, assemble them
- Always an ‘A’ game; earn the money, gifts are fairly rare
- Make the $ yours; maintain a bankroll, pocket the profits
- The B & M journey; if you’re ready, brick & mortar is nearby
Free poker players looking to learn how to play poker like a pro should also read D M Vadnais’s other superb lesson series, they in depth series are intended to take a player from abject beginner to advanced skill level and can be read now on the NoPayPOKER blog. See all the NoPayPOKER lessons at this table of lesson contents Learn How to Play Poker page
- “NoPayPOKER is the only place to get free poker and real cash!” – True or False?
- Article 1 of 10: A Prerequisite For Poker Venues Involving Real Money
- Learn to Play Poker Online at NoPayPOKER.com
- Why Beginners Should Learn to Play Poker on Free Poker Sites
- Free Online Poker Hand Reconstruction – Trap vs Trap Scenarios